Saturday 19 March 2016

Clearly Besotted | Owl Be There For You

Hello there! Today I wanted to share a couple of cards I made with the Still a Hoot stamp set by Clearly Besotted. 

I simply stamped out a few of the different owls in memento tuxedo black ink, coloured them in using Spectrum Noir pens and cut them out using the coordinating die. 



I used my Stitched Circles Dies by Lawn Fawn and cut out two white circles and stamped the sentiments onto them with the same black ink. "Owl be there for you" comes from the Still a Hoot set and "Happy Birthday" comes from the Many Mini Messages stamp set also by Clearly Besotted. 


I then adhered the owls onto the circles using my glue glue to give them a bit of dimension whilst still having a bit of wiggle room to shape them, and adhered the circles to a sheet of patterned paper slightly smaller than the card base. 


Finally I attached the whole panel to the card base using double sided tape, being careful to leave that thin white border around the edge of the card. I tried to make the birthday one in masculine colours as I was in need of a birthday card for a friend and I think it turned out really well. That paper matches wonderfully with the pens I used for the owls scarf. 


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you like these cards!

Hayley :) x

1 comment:

  1. Super duper cute! I love the patterned paper - it does go really well with both coloured images. Xx

    ReplyDelete