Friday 1 January 2016

Hello 2016!

First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Yes, it is now officially 2016! I can't believe how fast the years seem to be going!

As my first blog post of 2016 I thought I would share some of the new projects I am starting this year (putting them all down in one place makes it seem like a lot of things to start and rather daunting!).


  • One Line A Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
This little book is a 5 year long journal where you basically do what it says on the tin. Write one line, one line to sum up your day. You do that for 5 years and each year you can look back on what you wrote in previous years. It has no start date or end date so you can start this journal whenever you would like. An added bonus is the gold foiling and that gorgeous blue colour!





  • Q&A a Day: 5-Year Journal
This book has the same principle as the One Line a Day journal however you are given a question to answer each day as a prompt. With this one I liked the idea of being able to see how I answered the same question each year over 5 years. Again, the book has no start date so you can start whenever you want and just cycle through the book. 



  • The Mindfulness Colouring Book
This was on my Christmas list because I wanted to start colouring but without the big commitment of a large book. I liked this one in particular because of its size (about A5) and its patterns look so fun to colour! 


  • Project Life - Weekly
Now technically I'm not starting project life from scratch this year as I did start in September 2015, however I've only been scrapping major events from the past 3-4 years. What I want to try and do this year is to project life weekly. This seems like a daunting task as I don't get much spare time to scrap these days, but I've been getting organised and the way I think I want to work it is to do weekly layouts, but do them all at the end of the month. That way I can prepare everything I need in advance, but get my pictures printed monthly rather than weekly, saving on that p&p cost :P

  • My Future Listography
This was another book on my Christmas list that I really wanted! I've not got a rigid plan for this book, but I believe there's 52 lists so I may end up doing one a week, some weeks I may miss one, some I may do more than one. I'm going to try and not be too strict with myself :P The purpose of this book is to list out your future, for examples places you want to visit, future lists you want to make etc. (that one is my favourite :P). I'm also not planning to do this in order, but just do whichever list feels right to do at that time. I'm quite looking forward to this one too! Its also beautifully illustrated.


  • Listers Gotta List Challenge
And finally, I'm going to start the Listers Gotta List Challenge! For those that haven't heard of it, the basic idea is that at the beginning of the month you get a list of lists to make each day (are you getting the feeling that I like lists yet? :P) as a fun little thing to add to your journals. You can make this challenge as big or as small as you want to, you could give each lists its own page or simply add it into an existing journal. My plan is to use one of many empty notebooks for this challenge, do a page a list and go crazy with decorations!







Let me know if this post has inspired you to start any new challenges this year or if you are already doing any of these things! I'd love to see how you are getting on!

Thanks for reading this post, it's a bit different to what I normally do and let me know if you want to see any updates on how I'm getting on!

No comments:

Post a Comment