Wednesday 13 August 2014

Hello Buttercup

Hello there! Today I'm bringing you a card I created using some Avery Elle products. For this card you will need:
  • Kraft cardstock
  • White pigment ink 
  • Colouring pencils 
  • Avery Elle petals and stems clear stamps
  • Avery Elle Simply Said Hello stamps and coordinating die



To create this card I stamped the flowers and leaves from the Petals and Stems set in some white pigment ink. I didn't worry about overlapping the stamps or any fancy masking as I then coloured over all the images with coloured pencils, which hid it all anyway. Stamping in white and then colouring the images makes the colours more vibrant and stand out against the kraft cardstock. 

After this, I took out my cuttlebug and die cut the word 'hello' twice, once from white cardstock and once from a purple cardstock to match my largest flower. I layered these together, creating a sort of shadow effect, and then adhered to my card using the multi matte medium from Ranger. 

The last thing I did is stamp the word 'buttercup' in Versamark ink and embossed it using some white embossing powder. 

Here's my finished card:


I've also entered this card in the new Avery Elle challenge over at their challenge blog, this time the theme is Kraft, so this fit perfectly. Go check it out :) 

Avery Elle Challenge Blog



Thankyou for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. beautifully done! Thank you for joining the AE challenge!

    ReplyDelete